Gobi 65 Recipe - Cauliflower 65 - How To Make Gobi 65 Dry

Gobi 65 Recipe - Cauliflower 65 - How To Make Gobi 65 Dry:


Gobi 65 is what I made last week for my hubby and kid. I usually make Gobi Manchurian at home. Both my hubby and kid love it very much. No need to mention about me, I am a great fan of Gobi Manchurian. If I manage to get big cauliflower, I usually make Gobi Paratha or use it for making the side dish Gobi Keema for chapathi. This is the first time I made Gobi 65. It came out very well. Frankly speaking, I never ate it before. I just followed a recipe and prepared it. So, I asked my hubby to give feedback. He told me that the taste was same as in restaurants. When we went for a dinner outside, I ordered Gobi 65 just to ensure the taste of this recipe I have given is in restaurant style. To my surprise, yes it is. I would say it is better than the one I had outside. The outside one was very oily and they have added food color too. So, I proudly said to my hubby that mine was the best!! Okay. Are you ready to prepare and serve Gobi 65 to your family in restaurant style. If yes, come let us see how to make Gobi 65 dry.

Gobi 65 Recipe - Cauliflower 65 - How To Make Gobi 65 Dry:

Gobi 65 Dry



Gobi 65 Recipe - Cauliflower 65 - How To Make Gobi 65 Dry:


Gobi 65 Recipe - Cauliflower 65 - How To Make Gobi 65 Dry

Prep Time: 20 mins    |  Cook time: 20 Mins    |  Serves: 2
Recipe Category : Starter | Recipe Cuisine : Indian
Gobi 65 Dry Recipe

Gobi 65 Recipe - Cauliflower 65 - How To Make Gobi 65 Dry - Ingredients:

  • Cauliflower/Gobi- 1 Medium size
  • Thick curd - 1 tbsp
  • Oil - To deep fry
To Make the batter:
  • Maida/All purpose flour - 6 tsp(or Besan flour)
  • Corn flour - 6 tsp
  • Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
  • Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
  • Red Chilli powder - 1-2 tsp
  • Pepper powder - 1 tsp
  • Salt - As required
  • Capsicum - 1 small finely chopped(optional)
To sprinkle:
  • Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp(optional)
  • Lemon juice - 1/8 - 1/4 tsp(optional)
To Garnish:
  • Curry leaves - Few
  • Big onion - 1/2 cut into thin round slices


Gobi 65 Recipe - Cauliflower 65 - How To Make Gobi 65 Dry - Instructions:


1. Cut cauliflower into small pieces and boil it in hot water with salt till the florets are half cooked. Drain water and keep the florets aside.



2. Take a bowl and add the ingredients listed under 'To make the batter' and mix well. Add little water to make a thick paste. We are going to coat the cauliflower florets with this paste. It should be able to coat well. So, adjust the consistency accordingly. It should be not be very thick or watery.

In the below picture, I have used some batter already.


DSC_0140


3. Dip the cauliflower florets into the batter and coat them well one by one or 2-3 at a time according to the bowl size. Keep them aside for 15 minutes to get the cauliflower florets marinated well with the mixture. You can skip this if you are running out of time.


DSC_0145


4. Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry marinated gobi florets in batches. Fry till the gobi/cauliflower florets turn golden brown in color. Switch off the stove. Fry curry leaves till they turn crispy. Keep them aside.


Now, the gobi 65 is ready to serve. Sprinkle pepper powder and lemon juice if you wish. Garnish it with the crispy fried curry leaves and the thin onion slices. Serve it hot.


Gobi 65
Notes:

1. The coating part is very important. You need to make sure that the florets are well coated with the batter.

2. You can add food color too if you wish.

3. Kashmiri red chilli powder will give dark red color to the cauliflower 65.

4. Based on the size of cauliflower, adjust the quantity of batter accordingly.

5. Make sure you serve it hot.

6. Adjust the quantity of lemon juice you use to suit your taste.

Hope you liked the gobi 65 recipe. Try it and let me know your feedback.
If you like this blog, subscribe with your email address and like us on facebook in the side bar to get instant updates on the posts.






2 comments:

  1. Hi dear u have awesome collection of recipes! What to do with thick Curd. Does that should be added in batter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mona... Thank you so much:) Yes, it has to b added n batter. My mistake.. will update the post...Thanks for pointing out.

    ReplyDelete