Honey and Cinnamon for cold and cough - Home Remedy For Cough And Cold

Honey and Cinnamon for cold and cough  - Home Remedy For Cough And Cold:


Today I am going to share an interesting, tasty and yummy home remedy for cold and cough. I have read somewhere that usually kids might get cold 10 times a year. Cold and cough makes kids and adults more tired. I found an effective home remedy which is actually working. Yes, I make honey and cinnamon mixture to treat cold and cough for my kid. Even I have the same to treat my cold. This home remedy is so simple and easy. Give it to your kid thrice a day for 3 days starting from the first day of cold. Your kid will quickly recover from cold. Otherwise, it takes around 1 week to recover from cold. Relying on home remedies for cold and cough is 1000 times better than running behind an antibiotic, right? I started to give honey to my kid after one year only since it is not advisable to give honey to babies under one year. There is a risk of botulism. Okay. Now, let us see how to make honey and cinnamon mixture for treating cold and cough. Honey and Cinnamon is a good home remedy for sinus too.


Honey and Cinnamon - Home Remedy For Cough And Cold:





Honey and Cinnamon - Home Remedy For Cough And Cold:


Ingredients:


1. Honey - 1 tsp for kids | 1 tbsp for adults

2. Cinnamon stick - 1 inch or cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp

3. Water - 3 tbsp



Instructions:


1. Make a fine Powder of cinnamon stick. I used my grinding stone to powder it. Sieve it to get the fine powder if you are giving it for kids.



2. Mix 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder with 3 tbsp of water for kids. 

3. Heat the water and cinnamon mixture in a small pan and cook the cinnamon. Bring it to room temperature and 1 tsp of honey(for kids) or 1 tbsp of honey(for adults). Eat the mixture.





Notes:

1. Give this honey and cinnamon mixture thrice a day for three days. I have seen it reducing the cold of my kid in just 1.5 days without any medicine. 

2. It will be good if you start taking it early once you have symptoms of cold.  

3. Try to prepare this as fresh as possible. It is good for sore throat if you have it warm. 
If you like this blog, subscribe with your email address and like us on facebook in the side bar to get instant updates on the posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment