Easy Indian Recipe - How to Make Soft Poori Recipe/Puri Recipe

Hello friends,

If I want to make my Sunday breakfast to be a special one for my family, I will go for Poori. It tastes yummy with Chana Masala/Chole Masala or Poori Masala. My kid loves it to the core. Poori is his all time favorite. My hubby loves to have additional Poori only if it is soft and puffed. When I was in my native place, one of my aunts visited my house. My mom was preparing Poori for them. At that time, my aunt told the secret of making it a puffed one. Thanks to her. Now, all my Pooris are very soft and Puffed.



Poori







Easy Indian Recipe - How to Make Soft Poori Recipe/Puri Recipe



Ingredients:


(Makes around 10)

Wheat Flour - 300 g
Salt - As required
Water - As required


Preparation:


1. Take a wide bowl, add wheat flour and salt. Give it a quick mix.

2. Add water little by little and knead well for 5 minutes to make the Poori dough which should be non sticky. Add little oil to make this process easier.




3. Make a very small size lemon-sized balls. Roll each ball into very thin circles using a roller pin. Use wheat flour or plain flour(Maida) for dusting.







4. Take a deep pan/Kadai for deep frying the Poori. Check whether the oil is hot enough by sliding a little amount of Poori dough into the oil. It will come up if the oil is ready.



5. Start frying Pooris one by one. The trick here is you should press all parts of the Poori slightly to puff the Poori up.




6. Fry the other side also. 



7. Keep it in a hot pack.

Now, the Poori is ready to serve. If you like the recipe, please leave in your comment, share it in facebook or twitter. Thank you!!

If you like this blog, subscribe with your email address and like us on facebook in the side bar to get instant updates on the posts.



1 comment:

  1. I love this poori
    Yummy Recipe

    http://www.followfoodiee.com/

    ReplyDelete