Gobi Paratha Recipe | Cauliflower Paratha | How To Make Gobi Paratha

Gobi Paratha Recipe | Cauliflower Paratha | How To Make Gobi Paratha:


My mom never buys cauliflower and I have never tasted any cauliflower recipes before I came here. My mom and sis does not like Gobi. But my dad is okay with it. I fell in love immediately once I had Gobi Manjurian with my hubby outside. After that, I always order Gobi Manjurian as one of my starters. I have made Gobi Manchurian few times at home. I bought Cauliflower this time to make Gobi Manjurian. Since my hubbby informed me that he will be late for dinner, I dropped the plan to Gobi Manjurian and planned to try Gobi Paratha. Gobi Paratha is a famous Panjabi recipe.


Gobi Paratha | Cauliflower Paratha | How To Make Gobi Paratha:


Gobi Paratha



Gobi Paratha | Cauliflower Paratha | How To Make Gobi Paratha:


Easy Gobi Paratha Recipe

Prep Time: 30 mins    |  Cook time: 30 Mins    |  Makes: 8
Easy Gobi Paratha Recipe 

Ingredients:

To Make the Dough:
  • Wheat Flour - 800g
  • Salt - As required
  • Water - As required
  • Oil - 1 tsp 
To Stuff:
  • Gobi/Cauliflower - 1 small size
  • Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
  • Cumin seeds/Jeera - 1 tsp
  • Turmeric Powder - A pinch
  • Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
  • Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Oil - 2 tsp
  • Salt - As required
  • Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp
  • Water - To Sprinkle
Other Ingredients:
  • Wheat Flour - for rolling
  • Oil- for cooking




Instructions:


1. Make dough for paratha like normal chapathi using wheat flour, salt, oil and water. Keep it aside.





2. Take the cauliflower florets and put them in hot water for sometime to kill the worms. Drain the water completely and grate the cauliflower florets using normal grater or food processer .





3. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Allow it to splutter and then add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell leaves.

4. Add grated cauliflower, turmeric, red chilli, garam masala powder, salt and mix well. Sprinkle little water and saute the mixture till the raw smell of cauliflower leaves and it gets cooked. Cook in medium flame.






5. Add coriander leaves, give a quick stir and switch off. Now the stuff is ready.

6. Make smooth balls from the paratha dough.

7. Flatten the ball slightly and keep a generous amount of stuff in the center. Bring together all the sides of the ball in the center and seal it completely. Make sure that you place more amount of stuff as far as possible to get the Gobi Paratha very tasty.





8. Now again flatten the dough and start rolling using rolling pin with the help of wheat flour for dusting. Make sure that the stuff does not come out. Roll out gently.





9. Heat tawa and cook both sides of Gobi paratha. Drizzle little oil.

10. Repeat the steps 7 - 8 to get more parathas.





Now your tasty and healthy Gobi Paratha is ready to serve. I tasted it with tomato sauce, curd, onion raitha. But I liked it to have it without side dish. Since the stuffing makes the Gobi Paratha really tasty. I love to have without side dish to enjoy the taste of Gobi stuffing in each and every bite.

Note: Taste of Gobi Paratha is dependent on how much you are able to stuff inside the paratha. So, ensure that you keep more stuff and take care of it not coming out while rolling.

If you like this blog, subscribe with your email address and like us on facebook in the side bar to get instant updates on the posts.



1 comment:

  1. Lovely paratha....you have a nice recipes and useful info.do visit my if u find time.
    x❤x❤
    http://indianveggiesbhojan.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete